Monocular with rangefinder feature and night vision options is considered to be highly effective for multipurpose applications like golfing, wildlife watching, hunting and a variety of activities related to long rage viewing and distance measurements. Some of the most commonly recommended products which could be useful for your selection are in the list.
· The principal parts of the device are said to be the object lens, receiving lens, LASER emitter, eyepiece and the protective body along with the battery and sockets. The effective ways in which they can be designed determine the efficiency of the rangefinder. For the most optimum design the three lenses are to be placed along the single line of assembly. This could be horizontal or vertical. The LASER emitting lens is preferably placed at the center so as to enable the reflected waves to be captured equally by the other two lenses.
· A goof monocular rangefinder has three distinct features related to optics, range finding and measuring and speed detection. The third feature is said to be responsible for the accurate detection and viewing of moving objects.
· The volume of light reflected by the target object determines its clarity of image in the eyepiece of the device. A good rangefinder is supposed to be capable of emitting LASER with a concentration level which covers all possible dimensional objects at short and long ranges.
· Normally the dark objects at long range distances are tough to be detected and viewed by the human eyes. The resolution of the rangefinder can help in overcoming this limitation. A good rangefinder is said to be capable of capturing the images of all such objects through effective mode selection. Ready to measure, continuous scan and data recall are some of the standard modes supported in general by many rangefinders of professional grade.
· Amplification of the optic system within the object lens and the receiving is said to be responsible for the targeting and viewing functions. This feature could be capable of enhancing the scanning of objects during low light time. This is also said to be responsible for the object magnification to the most optimum levels.
· Target Reflection capturing is an essential feature of the monocular rangefinder. Standard quality devices are said to be capable of capturing the least possible reflections under fading lights also. This feature is said to be enhanced by the combination of the lenses and the prism used in the rangefinder. When the light from the target object enters the receiver lens, it gets enhanced in strength depending on the quality of the device.
· Reduced light reflection is a feature which enables the device in absorbing the maximum possible light from the target objects. This could be enabled by painting the lens with a coat of non reflective material which is also highly transparent in nature. This helps in avoiding blurring of images and enhances their clarity for rangefinder and viewer parts of the device. You need to make sure that the light contrasting features of the device are kept at the lowest possible values in order to keep the light reflections near to zero levels.
· Object lens assembly design needs to be compatible for low dispersion and colour correction. This is an essential feature since the aperture size of the lens cannot be varying on either side far away from inter-papillary distance of the viewer (you). Moreover the aberration and other probable distortion factors also need to be reduced to the minimum possible levels.
· Reduction of errors in field curvature, coma, chromatic and spherical aberration are said to be enabled in a good monocular rangefinder by the alignment of lens with the prism and eyepiece. According to optics experts these features can be reduced from the system but not eliminated. Hence you need to select a monocular rangefinder device which has minimum possible error values.
Many users often complain that their device seems to be “not so perfect” in spite of spending time and money to search and buy what they think is the best. This could be due to the practical reasons that reduction of errors in the optical devices like the monocular rangefinder, it is possible to enhance the good qualities.
· Chromatic aberration is reduced by the selection of achromatic type of lens. This is said to be capable of bringing two or more colors from the incoming light into a single point of focus. Semi apochromatic types of lens which can also reduce the value of chromatic error to great extent.
· By reducing the coma error (poor quality), the quality of the rangefinder device can be automatically improved. This is said to be made possible by the combination of two opposite comas within the same lens with embedding. Keeping the field angle and the aperture of the lens at optimum levels is another way in which it is possible to increase the quality of the rangefinder device lens.
· The refracting surfaces within the lens and the prism can have their impact on the intensity of light passing through them. As the angle of refraction increases it is possible to increase the intensity of incoming light by the convergence of multiple focal planes into a single point. This is one way in which the quality of image for monocular as well as rangefinder functionalities of the device can be improved.
· Air transparency is a factor which can affect the image quality to a critical extent. Natural elements like fog, smoke, rain and other factors can reduce the transparency of air. This can be compensated by enhancing the strength of LASER emitting lens and absorption power of the receiving lens. Optic experts recommend the usage of DAK4 or Dk7 types of prism along with multiple coated lenses in order to increase the power of receiving lens and object lens.
· Software Installation in the device is one more way in which the reflected waves from the target object can be strengthened. This feature is said to be helpful in reducing the effect of natural elements like fog, smoke, rain and other factors. This is also said to be capable of solving the problems associated with focusing on large size objects in the shorter range and smaller size objects in the longer range.
· The device is said to have inbuilt features for increasing the quality of vision during day and night with the digital night vision feature. The added feature like digital compass is said to increase the intensity of incoming light and directional features.
· The device is said to be capable of measuring the pitch angle with reference to the roof of the lens. This feature is supposed to be helpful in detecting the angle of slope towards inclination as well as declination. According to manufacturers it is possible to vary this angle with the help of hardware adjustments in the wheel and software adjustments.
· Pressure and temperature measurement features of the device are said to be for controlling the all weather working conditions. The specifications given by the manufacturers state that by sensing the variation in these two factors, it might be possible for the auto control mechanism to calibrate the LASER beaming lens and receptor lenses for optimum image capturing and display.
· The stated optical amplification of the system by the manufacturers is said to be capable of enhancing the image clarity, regardless of the range of focus and size of the object.
· The device is said to have pin seeker technology built into it. This is supposed to increase the probability of flag point detection in the golfing sport.
· The pitching speed measuring tool of the device is said to be capable of capturing fast moving objects. This feature is said to be useful for wildlife watching as well.
· The multilayer coating in the object and receiving lens is supposed to give the capacity of absorbing maximum volume of reflected light from the target object. The contouring angles in the lens and the prisms are supposed to be responsible for maximum focus of reflected light at one focal point in the center of the receptors, increasing the clarity of vision.
· This device is said to be recommended for long range distance measurement and object finding purposes, which supposedly makes this device good for hunting and golfing.
· The inbuilt tools are said to be capable of switching the mode of the device between rangefinder and the normal ranger.
· The layout of lens and prism within the device is said to be efficiently designed to capture maximum incoming light with near zero back reflections from the lens areas.
· The device is said to be capable of measuring the angle heights accurately for both inclinations and declinations. This feature is supposed to make possible the detection of the ball and the pins due to its pin sensing ability, along with flag points.
· This device is said to be designed with complete glass based optical tools for supporting the lenses (LASER, object and receptor) and the prism. The BAK4 green prism is said to split the incoming light into its basic ingredients, making the image true colour in nature.
· The alignment of lenses, prism and the eyepiece is said to be designed for elimination of chromatic ad spherical aberrations. This is said to be made possible by the integration of linear and lateral incoming light into single point of focus.
· The eye cup of the device is said to be highly retractable in nature, making it suitable for viewing with or without eyeglasses.
· This device is said to be inbuilt with roof prism and highly optimized magnification features. According to the manufacturers, this combination might help in the elimination of errors in resolution quality, positioning, distortion and other types of optical aberrations.
· Reticle range of the device is said to be normalized for producing long and short range focusing with equal accuracy.
· Multi coating on the receptor and object lenses are said to make the lenses absorb maximum percentage of reflected light from the target objects without reverse reflections. This is said to be a feature which gives bright and compact images without blurring in fog, smoke and rain.
The LaserWorks LRNV009 Day and Night Multifunction Laser Ranging Night Vision Monocular is said to be the pick of the recommended devices. This could be due to the functionality of the system which is compatible with the other systems. In addition the device is said to have night vision support.
· In addition the device is said to have measurement tools for gauging temperature and pressure, which is said to be recommended for usage in all types of weather conditions.
· The device is said to be capable of being calibrated with software which supposedly gives extra customization options.
This page https://opticinfozone.com/optics/monocular/ has been created to review monoculars in general, so if you have not found what you were looking, please check it out.
Hey there, my name is James and I am the creator and editor of this site. I have been an outdoor person all my life and my mission is to share my passion with anyone that reads my posts.